Saturday, September 09, 2006

burn baby burn


Nova is finished. The new job requires no formal wear. A celebration/ritual must be observed. With these thoughts in mind I decided to have a bbq on the Tama river and after finishing cooking I burned every damn tie that I own! Nice.
So I got to the river at about 6ish and found a spot. People arrived slowly, but everyone got there. We fired up the barbie and cooked up an assortment of goodies. I made my best braaibroekkies yet. Nice.
Then it was time to light up the ties. They didnt want to light up at first, so we had to stick a couple of paper plates in there to get the fire blazing again. Once the fire was up the ties got going too. My (now-ex) co-workers were saying I was enjoying it far too much. And I was.
Anyways a good night was had by all. We were having such a good time that some of the local wildlife wanted to join. A tanuki came out to look for food. It was the first time I've seen a native Japanese animal.
No bbq/ night outside is complete without fireworks. So, of course Johnboy was in his element, setting them off and almost blowing us up.
So my new job has started and I've just completed 2 weeks of training. I think its gonna be difficult cos its very involved, but I think its gonna be a lot of fun too. All my new workmates are really cool. So all in all I think it was a good move.
Peace

1 Comments:

Blogger mobile maori said...

took u long enuff man! (this comes via me from Rod)

3:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home