Sunday, October 08, 2006

booze cruise

The meeting place was Shinjuku. When I got there Wakana and Kath were already there in their yukatas. I was unsure how to tie myself up, so I asked Wakana to help. She was unsure too, but we went off to a quiet spot in the station (not easy considering Shinjuku station is the busiest in the world with over 2 million people passing through every day) and we dressed me in my yukata.
The reason for the yukatas was that the booze cruise we were going on gives a 1000 yen discount if you're wearing one. So anyway, once everybody got there we hopped on the train to our bayside destination. On the train journey we asked some of the guys if my yukata was tied correctly. It turns out that Wakana had tied it the girls way. So Susumu retied it to make it more manly.
By the time we reached our destination we were all amped and ready for a top night. We found our little room, which already had some food and a couple of pitchers of beer ready. Nice. We dug in to the food and beers.
Once the boat got moving we went up on deck to get into the party atmosphere. They started playing My Heart Will Go On, Celine Dion's song from Titanic. I don't wanna hear that crap at the best of times but its worse on a boat. The Titanic sank for God's sake! But the good thing about it was that Kazu and Susumu started doing the famous pose from the movie (see photo). I also got a photo of me doing the pose with Juri. Phil and Susumu did the backgound bonehead thing.
Then out came the dancing yukata girls. They were very sexy, but its kind of strange seeing girls in traditional outfits, doing traditional dances to modern crappy pop. But it was cool. We were so jazzed up from the free drinks that we even danced along. It was quite fun.
The only bummer of the evening was that somewhere along the line Juri lost her camera. She was understandably upset and hit the red wine. The mix of red wine and raw emotion didn't mix too well with her and she ended up having difficulties keeping it together. I stepped up to the plate and helped her back to the station. She was very apologetic, but lets face it, I had a beautiful woman hanging off my arm. I really didn't mind!
Anyways, all in all it was a great night. Everyone had a great time. It was great.
Peace



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home